CONTRACT & QUANTITY SURVEYING UNIT
CONTRACT & QUANTITY SURVEYING UNIT CHART
FUNCTIONS OF THE CONTRACT & QUANTITY SURVEYING UNIT
1. Coordinates and implements the department’s offer for ‘Quotation B' and tenders.
2. Prepares and reviews cost estimates for the department's quotations and tenders.
3. Coordinates cost allocations for projects and ensure that the project implementation costs are monitored so as not to exceed the approved budget.
4. Conducts assessment for quotations / tenders.
5. Prepares Letter of Acceptance for quotations / tenders.
6. Prepares the quotation / tender documents.
7. Coordinates the work progress reports of contractors.
8. Coordinates and provides the application for change of work for the approval of the Superintendent Officers, remediation of temporary quantities and other adjustments under the contract.
9. Coordinates the contractual procedures in the execution of a contract in accordance with the terms of contract set by UMP / Public Works Department (JKR).
10. Provides advisory service to the University Responsibility Centres (PTJ) on procurement and contract procedures.
11. Prepares the CPC, CMGD for all the units in the department upon recommendation from the Unit Head.
12. Provides up to date information / reports / working papers on the status of projects to the University Board of Directors (LPU), the University Management Committee (JKPU) and the University Executive Meeting.
1. Secretariat for the Quotation and Tender Committee.
2. Secretariat for the Department’s Variation Order (VO) Committee
3. Secretariat for the Department’s Extension of Time (EOT) Committee
4. Secretariat for the Department’s Procurement Monitoring Meeting
5. Secretariat for the Department’s Project Monitoring System.